Aluminum shell batteries using laser welding technology with a high energy laser beam can be used on the battery shell, top cover, sealing nails and other components can be economical high-speed, high-quality welding.battery pilot line Compared with the traditional resistance welding, ultrasonic welding and other welding methods, aluminum shell battery research laser welding has the following advantages:
1. Laser welding high energy density, small heat-affected zone, small deformation, can effectively ensure the battery size accuracy and internal structure.
2. Laser welding is fast and efficient,laser welding machine for lithium ion batteries can greatly improve the productivity and consistency of the battery.
3. Laser welding does not need to contact with the workpiece, does not need to consume electrodes or filler materials, which can reduce material costs and maintenance costs.
4. Laser welding can connect a variety of materials, such as aluminum-aluminum, copper-copper, copper-aluminum, etc., which can meet the different design requirements of the battery.
5. Laser welding technology can be improved to adapt to different economic structures and processes of batteries by realizing multiple forms of welding,ESS lithium battery machine such as spot welding, seam welding, composite welding, etc.
However, there are some technical difficulties and challenges in laser welding of aluminum shell batteries, mainly including the following aspects.
1. Aluminum alloy has a very high reflectivity to laser light, and it is necessary to choose a suitable laser and wavelength to improve the laser absorption and penetration. Generally speaking, blue laser is more suitable for welding aluminum alloy than red or green laser.
2. Aluminum alloy has high sensitivity to porosity, easy to form pores or bubbles in the weld, affecting the strength and sealing of the weld. In order to reduce the formation of porosity, it is necessary to control the laser power, speed, pulse, focus and other parameters, as well as clean the surface of the material to avoid impurities such as oxides or grease.
3. Aluminum alloy has a high tendency to thermal cracking, easy to produce thermal cracks or liquefaction cracks in the weld, reducing the toughness and corrosion resistance of the weld. In order to prevent the generation of hot cracks, it is necessary to choose the appropriate welding waveform and heat input, and use preheating or post-heat treatment methods.
4. Aluminum alloy has a low melting point, easy to produce a large number of spatter or blowing fire phenomenon in the welding process, resulting in these holes, craters, broken weld, partial weld and other defects. In order to be able to avoid spatter or blowing fire, need to adjust the laser tilt development angle and offset, as well as the use of a ring spot or composite welding and other technologies.
5. Aluminum shell batteries have a variety of shapes and structures, so different welding methods and processes need to be selected according to different battery types. For example, square batteries can be side welding or top welding, cylindrical batteries can be penetration or seam welding, flexible batteries can be ultrasonic welding or laser composite welding welding.
In conclusion, laser welding of aluminum shell batteries is an efficient, precise and reliable welding method, which can improve the performance and safety of batteries.
Related Hot Topic
Which batteries cannot be transported in hand luggage?
That includes nickel-ba ed and dry cell alkaline batteries.You are allowed to carry up to two lithium batteries with a capacity of 100-160Wh or 2-8g of lithium.
You are permitted to pack up to two non-pillable batteries in your carry-on bag.With a wet-cell portable battery, such as a vehicle battery, you cannot fly.